Rhys has strong respect for the environment, and has much experience in the planting and propagation of bushfood plants and exotic tree crops.
Rhys's horticultural and food crop expertise includes:
- Seed extraction and treatment
- Propagation (seed, cuttings, and grafting)
- Plant maintenance (watering, disease control, plant establishment)
- Native plant identification
- Nursery management
Rhys has extensive knowledge of bushfoods and bushfood plants, indigenous Melbourne region plants and indigenous South Gippsland plants, as well as fruit crops and unusual fruits. He has significant consultancy experience.
- Fruit tree crops
- Australian plants with edible components
- Indigenous plants
- Horticultural consultancies (tree crops and bush foods)